Leeds Jam - Saturday
I couldn’t wait to get into town after work and the day started well with lots of climbing and traversing at the church, I managed to traverse the full 3 sides including shimmying the doorways, climbing up a good 20 feet over a message board and doing the hard dyno at the end, something I have never managed before. We headed to the scaffolding spot where I did many underbars with much ease, I felt more confident with my abilities than ever before :) I also managed to do an awkward running jump from one flower bed to another, something which no one else could get close to attempting as it had a short run up and nobody could get the power. Quite a lot of the day was about leg power for me, I did loads of jumps and by the end I was in some pain with my lower legs from fatigue and my quads were not far behind. The only other thing that stuck in my head was when we were at (or at the spot next to) the blue rail spot. I managed to land a couple of sides, and bail a few more, but they are getting better, and I did a very decently sized gap between one of the rails and a bench with some ease. I say gap because I did not stick it like a precision, the landing wouldn’t have been too great on my knees, and instead I carried a lot of the momentum with me as I bounced off the bench. As it started to rain I started trying to stick precisions on small smooth walls :p It was good fun doing a jump slightly up and across about 7.5 feet and back again. I set myself a target of ten ‘there and back’ and because I kept falling off half way through, Ben and Joe (the only two left) got quite frustrated and didn’t have too much patience for me drilling the jump. I ended up getting 13 and finding a decent technique for landing in such slippery conditions. I slept at Ben’s house that night and only got a few press ups done and nothing more :\
Training In the Wet - Sunday
Woke up at Ben’s quite late in the day at 10, due to the late night and heavy training the day before. We were hoping for sun and dryness but it never came, I still dragged Ben out training anyway at about 12:30. We trained around some flats that we don’t normally train around and I found it to be invigorating and had a great sense of freedom still being able to do things 99% of the population wouldn’t ever be able to despite the serious wetness. I did manage to bail twice despite my caution though, one of which was right after I told a guy how we train not to fall (he made some comment about falling off a wall). I jumped down from the wall he was talking about only to land on slippy stone (the curb of the path where I landed was made out of sandstone blocks that had green shit on them) I slipped to the side and bashed the inside of my knee on the stone. It hurt a lot. We moved on to probably my favourite spot in Wakefield, the ‘mushroom spot’ – a children’s play/seating area with weird mushroom seats. Here I drilled loads of precisions, 50+, and did a fair bit of balancing. Ben seemed to spend a lot of his time sitting down but did do a good few dips. After a while Ben had lost interest and I started to get tired, I headed home after about 4-5 hours of training. I couldn’t do any pistols as my knees (especially one) hurt but I did extra press ups and sit ups as I did so few on Saturday.
Day Of Rest - Monday
Today I even skipped class (wasn’t too important) to stay in bed, I was feeling that lethargic. I don’t know what was up with me really, it’s not like me to be so tired for so long. The late night at Ben’s and the training on Sunday must have done me in. I did manage the daily conditioning though.
Brid - Tuesday
Went on a road trip to the coast straight after class today. We ended up going to Bridlington just because I had never been before. We (me and miss Stacey) got their at around one and it was wet and cold but within an hour things had brightened up and we were on the beach playing in the see and sand. The day wasn’t about training but I still had to check out a few of the spots along the shoreline. I didn’t do much at all as everything was still damp but I did get a bit of tricking done on the beach. A bit of backtuck practise, a few failed attempts at sides (the sand was too soft to take off from) and I learnt to back-handspring/backflip/flick so the day wasn’t a total non starter for training. I also did my 100 pistols, 200 press ups and 400 sit ups, which are starting to get really quite easy now – it’s just the time factor, it takes a while to complete them all.
A Day Of Training - Wednesday
Had a very good days training today. Along with the everyday conditioning that I AM keeping up with (with the one exception), I did absolutely loads of handstands and handstand raises - probably close to an hours worth in total, went to the gym and had another very good session with my mate, Pij, I am back to benching my own weight (65kg) and I did it with relative ease :) and then to finish off I went out and did some crawling! I went out to the park a hundred yards from my house in the pissing rain, stripped off so I was just in my joggers, feeling rather cold but very enlightened and free. The park was roughly 100m long and about 50m wide and I crawled around the edge 7 times without getting up – roughly about 2km in 40-45mins. A vast improvement on any previous effort, even after copious amounts of training! I could have gone on and maybe even doubled my effort but it had been a long day and even I ran out of mental strength in such poor conditions. I still went home happy, dirty and very wet :)
Today was the first time in a long time that I felt like I had trained until I could no more. Hopefully a feeling that I will become accustomed to.
Peace
Thursday, 17 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
skills bruv. I've literaly had no training in this week, except for wednesday. Tomorrow I should be out jamming though. Nice one with the conditioning, reckon you'll be able to push up the numbers by 20 or maybe 50 some time soon? ;)
I did your full program tonight plus 100 bicep curls for good measure haha. Bless ya study leave for giving me more time. The situps I did in 8x50, wasn't really challenging me, perhaps a different ab exercise is needed? Pressups I did 10 sets of 20 reps, suddenly hit the wall half-way through the last set and really had to drive to lock out the last few but other than that it seemed ok. My pistols sucked at first but I got into it and the balance problems went away. Left leg was struggling more than the right by the end, not so cool. Had a cold shower afterwards and a protein shake, feeling fairly satisfied now. Curls I did in two sets of 10 and a set of 5 on each arm, first time with palm down grip, then repeated it with palm up grip. Was pretty effective when done with 0 rest inbetween sets.
So yeah, maybe a different ab exercise? Also, it occured to me, you want some hyperextensions in there or similar to keep balance between abs and back. It's a good starting point though, I'll try to stick to whatever I come up with based on it every night I have time, I feel like I really have to get far stronger right now.
The reason behind the everyday conditioning isn't that it is hard to complete. After a few days it became even easier, remembering I have done 1000 press ups in a day and 500 pistols in another before now. The reason behind it is primarily to get into the state of mind where I am finding the inspiration to train for 60-90 minutes EVERY day despite what I had done that day. It will also develop my body in such a way that I will be able to cope with my set ammount with ease shortly, and then I might start to step things up a little.
Basically I am building my mind in the hope that when I have the time to focus on training I am able to do so 100%. I already do a lot of strength work in the gym and you both know that I am developing my body, so it isn't like I am missing out at the moment.
Ali, if you feel 400 sit ups in sets of 50 are too easy make them harder! simply laying on one side a bit and working your obliques more or adding twists should do the trick in the short term, they are like press ups, once you find them easy there are MANY variations to make them harder.
Luke, train man, TRAIN! :)
Peace
Good stuff, fatman.
Post a Comment