I have wanted to start this blog for a while now but never got around to it. Now I have finally started it, it couldn't be at a worse time. I have 9 A-Level modules to revise for in January, I have run out of money and so I am working extra shifts at the gararge (painting the floor of all things) and with the time of year I am generally busy. With all this my training has taken a backwards leap and I am unable to dedicate the same ammount of time to it.
This doesn't mean I have stopped though, far from it. The gym is closed until the new year so I haven't been there in over 10 days now *sighs* but the weather has cleared up for the odd half day and provided ample oppotunity for me to get my ass out training, and there's no excuse for not doing some indoor training.
Yesterday's 'Sat Jam' went pretty sweetly. The weather stayed clear for long enough to get around 4 hours training in and I mananged to nail a few arm jumps I'd never been good enough to even considder a couple of months back. So that was good, then when the weather turned for the worst we headed for the one undercover spot in Leeds, the rightly named 'undercover spot' in the Uni. Here we had a huge game of tig, and although there was a lot of running involved, people started to realise it was better to use the obstacles and their parkour skills to avoid being tug. After that most of the guys dissappeared leaving Me, Dec, Liam and two guys from Doncaster - Luke and Morris (yeah I do remember your name) and we spent over an hour drilling landings, which I found to be very useful and I have a nice technique nailed now. Then again I will probably improve upon it when I progress a little more. After the Doncaster guys left Me, Dec and Liam drilled a few more landings and then did some basic balance work on a raised curb. Nothing too challenging but Dec needed the practise!
A Few Clips from some solo training in Castleford
Anyways have a Happy New Year everyone!
Peace
Sunday, 31 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey its cookie, one of the guys u bumped into in Leeds by Morissons - in the blue hoodies, that is the greatest cat leap / arm jump i have ever seen. u are a legend.
u have inspired me to train to that sort of level
cheers
Post a Comment